Friday, September 14, 2012

Bedroom Walls



We painted the bottom half of the walls pink and the top half blue.  The pink we matched to the color of Princess peaches dress.  My mother-in-law then painted the hills, castle, clouds, and bricks.  She basically painted everything but the characters.  


The Castle


The Game Scene

The Crib is the Disney Princess collection purchased from Babies R Us


Underwater Scene

The dresser and change table top is the Disney Princess collection purchased from Babies R Us



 We haven't finished the underwater scene yet but we are going to have Princess Peach in the Mario Frog suit painted in the water.


The characters were purchased on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006KFBWAG/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00) and very easy to work with.  They just stick to the wall and have been up for months without any sign of them falling off.

4 comments:

  1. I love the way your nursery turned out! You guys had a great idea- it was really fun to work with you on choosing the fabrics and all. I didn't expect to be, but I am a fan of the decals- the artwork is beautiful and it is a really nice shortcut to an amazing room! It would have taken weeks to paint all of the characters without them! I'm using decals on another project now too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I ask where you got the princess fabric? The center one in the quilt? I have not been able to find anything like that at all and I've been looking for a while. Any help would be appreciated. My granddaughter is overseas with her parents (Navy) and I wanted to make her a quilt for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for viewing my blog! I am happy to help since it was so hard to get ideas when we created this room. The princess Peach fabric in the quilt is actually a t-shirt. I can't remember exactly where we found it but it was online either on Amazon or Etsy.

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much! The room is just beautiful! Very, very lovely.

    ReplyDelete